Grilled Scampi with Pasta
Scampi is one of our favourites. It has a remarkable taste that you simply cannot get enough of, and there are endless possibilities to cook and prepare it. This recipe really brings out the best in the Scampi and the Garlic Butter is absolutely fantastic. It seems like Garlic and Scampi were made for one another.
We recommend serving immediately with a green salad and a nice bread, a suggestion is slicing a baguette, putting some of the garlic butter on it, and toasting it on the warming rack of the grill 🙂
The Salties Crew
For 4 People
700 g Salties Scampi, shell removed
1 tbsp Paprika
½ tsp Smoked paprika
¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
3 Garlic gloves, pressed
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp Olive oil
500 g Tagliatelle Pasta
70 g Butter
4 Garlic gloves, pressed
½ Lemon, juice and zest
4 tbsp Parsley
5 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper
- Mix all the spices with the olive oil in a large oven dish.
- Clean and pat dry the Scampi. Place it in the bowl and lather. Set aside for now and work on the Garlic Butter.
- Boil the pasta following the directions on the packaging.
- Place the Scampi on the grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Lay the oven dish on the grill and heat a little, once the Scampi are ready put them into the oven dish.
- It is good to add some white wine for extra flavour, around 50 ml.
- Lather the Scampi with the remaining spice mix in the oven dish, take it off the grill, and then pour in the pasta.
- Finally, pour the Garlic Butter into the dish, and mix all gently together. Season with parmesan.
- Place all in a pot and melt at a low-medium heat and mix thoroughly. Make sure not to boil.
- Once fully melted, set it aside and keep it warm, stirring occasionally.