Haddock au Gratin
Not only does this recipe look amazing, it tastes the part too. The vegetable bottom is filled with favours and the breadcrumb mixture seals the deal with the hint of mustard. Add some other vegetables such as onions to the recipe to change up the flavours 🙂
This recipe is golden with some Green Salad, Boiled potatoes, or even Mashed Potatoes.
The Salties Crew
For 4 People
700 g Salties Haddock fillets
1 tbsp Canola oil
2 Peppers, different colours
2 – 3 Tomatoes, well ripened
100 g Breadcrumbs
40 g Shredded Cheese
1 tsp Mustard
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°c. Cut the Haddock into pieces and season with Salt and Pepper and let sit for a bit.
- Clean, dry, and finely chop the Leek
- Heat the oil in a pan and let the leek simmer for a few minutes.
- Clean, deseed, and chop the peppers and place them in the pan.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces. Transfer the Peppers and Leek from the pan into an oven dish and add the tomatoes and spread them around. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Place the Haddock pieces on top of the mixture. Mix the breadcrumbs, shredded cheese, and mustard well together (i.e. in a food processor) and then spread it over the Haddock pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 18 – 20 minutes until the breadcrumb mixture becomes golden brown and the Haddock is just cooked through.