Classic Grilled Scampi with Garlic Bread
Scampi is one of our favourites, it goes well with almost everything and tastes absolutely extravagant. No matter the season, scampi on the grill makes dinner fun for the whole family since its the Icelandic version of eating ribs, in our opinion 🙂
We highly recommend serving this recipe with a salad of your choice, Salties Garlic Bread, Lemon wedges, and ice cold white wine.
The Salties Crew
For 4 People
1 kg Salties Scampi, in shell
8 Garlic gloves, finely chopped
200 g Butter
4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 Ciabatta bread
150 g Butter
5 Garlic gloves
3 tbsp Parsley, chopped
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Using scissors, cut the Scampi Tail along the sides, once cut, remove the underside of the shell exposing the meat.
- Loosen the meat without removing it from the shell.
- Melt the butter and oil together. Press the garlic into the butter and add the chopped parsley.
- Brush the Scampi with the butter mixture.
- Place the Scampi with the meat facing down for 1 — 2 minutes.
- Turn it over, brush it again, and grill for 2 minutes, or until the Scampi is ready.
- Slice the ciabatta bread.
- press the garlic and combine it with the parsley, butter, and parmesan cheese. Mix it well together.
- Grill the bread for a few seconds on high heat. Turn the bread over and brush it with the mix.
- Place on the heating rack of the grill until it turns a nice colour.