Eastern Style Salmon
We here at Salties pride ourselves in our Atlantic Salmon, we offer Wild Atlantic Salmon over select months of the year and our recipes are here to show you how truly amazing it is. Teriyaki and soy sauce go fantastically along with the Salmon and garlic seals the deal beautifully.
This recipe is complete with rice and lemon wedges. If you want to make it extra special, you can add some Saffron or Coriander to the boiling rice to give it extra kick. These spices will float to the top and are very easy to remove once cooked.
The Salties Crew
For 4 People
4 x 250 g Salties Salmon Portions
200 ml Teriyaki Sauce
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
5 Garlic cloves
2 tbsp Ginger root
Fresh chilli pepper
- Chop down the garlic, ginger, and chilli pepper. Mix with the Soy sauce and Teriyaki sauce.
- Let the Salmon marinate in the mixture for 1 hour.
- Grill the Salmon for 3 minutes on the non skin side then flip it over and grill for 4 minutes on the skin side. While its grilling, brush the marinade onto the Salmon.
- Move the fish to the warming rack and cook for another 5 min.
- Cut the vegetables into rather large pieces and put them in an oven dish.
- Pour a good amount of oil over the vegetables and make sure they are lathered.
- Season with rough salt and transfer to a Wok Pan. Place the pan on the grill and fry the vegetables well.
- Transfer the vegetables back over to the oven dish.
- Add 2 — 3 tbsp of the Salmon Marinade to the vegetables and mix well.
- Leave the oven dish on the grill while the salmon cooks.