Wolffish isn’t going to win any beauty contests soon, however it is one of our favourites. Since it feeds on shellfish on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, it has a truly phenomenal taste and texture.
This recipe is complete with Rice and Leafy greens.
The Salties Crew
For 4 People
800 g Salties Striped Wolffish fillets
300 g Cauliflower
2 tbsp Canola oil
1 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Flour
2 tsp Curry powder
400 ml Water
400 g Boiled Potatoes
Salt and Pepper
- Cut the wolffish into around 8 pieces and season each with salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry the leek and finely chop it. Chop the cauliflower. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cauliflower and leek, let it simmer for around 5 – 6 minutes (when they begin to soften).
- Once soft, remove from the pan and transfer to a plate. Use a spider spatula, or anything similar, so the oil does not come along.
- Put the butter on the pan and fry the Wolffish for about 6 – 8 minutes. If you have a thick piece, fry for 2 minutes on each of the 4 sides, otherwise for 3 – 4 minutes on the two sides.
- Take the fish off the pan, but keep it warm.
- Place the flour and curry powder onto the pan and let it simmer for about 1 minute. Add the water to the pan slowly and swirl the mixture the whole time.
- Place the leek, cauliflower, and boiled potatoes into the pan. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Once done, add the Wolffish back to the pan and serve.