Baked Salties Cod Loins with Pistachio salsa, Mashed Sweet Chilli Potatoes and Soy butter sauce.
The whole Salties crew loves this one. So simple but so delicious. Plus it looks amazing! Friends and Family have had this often and every single time our guests feel like they were eating at a fancy restaurant.
For 3 People
Sweet Chilli Mashed Potato
500-600 g Sweet Potatoes
1/2 Red chili
1/2 – 1 Lime
1 tbsp Butter
Salt and Pepper
Salties Cod Loins with Pistachio Salsa
600 g Cod Loins
Salt and Pepper
4 tbsp Pistachios, Chopped
Juice from one lemon and zest from 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 dl Chopped Parsley
1/2 Red child, chopped and deseeded
Soy Butter Sauce
3 tbsp Butter
1 Charlotte onion, or half red onion, chopped fine
1 – 2 Garlic gloves, chopped fine
3 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Parsley, chopped fine
- Peel the potatoes and sweet potatoes and cut them into equal sized squares.
- Cut chilli lengthwise, and seeds removed.
- Place the potatoes and chilli slices, juice from lime, 1 tbsp butter, sea salt and pepper int the pot.
- Fill with pot with water until contents are covered with water.
- Boil for 15-20 min until the potatoes become soft.
- Remove the water and chilli from pot.
- Turn the heat to simmer, mash the potatoes, add the butter, salt, pepper, and stir.
- TIP This side is great with all kinds of fish. To make it a bit spicier, chop the chilli fine and leave it in the pot when the water is drained. You can also add more lime afterwards to drive up the acidity a bit especially if you serve it with fatter fish like Salties Greenland Turbot, Salties Spotted Wolffish, or Salties Arctic Charr.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the Cod loins into portions and lay then out in a skillet.
- Sprinkle with Salt and pepper
- Blend the pistachios, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, chilli (1/2 red chilli) and olive oil in a bowl.
- Stir and spread over the Cod loins equally
- Bake for 12-15 min in the oven.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a pot and let simmer for 15 min until it starts to get brown. remove the foam.
- Mix Onion, garlic, soy sauce, chilli and parsley in a bowl.
- Mix it with the melted butter when it’s ready to be served.