BBQ Teriyaki Salties Arctic Charr with Sweet Chilli.
When we, the crew of Salties, were kids, charr was a part of summer. We would head out to the clear water streams with our rod, bait, and a plastic bag for the catch. Now, fresh Arctic Charr is available from Salties Imports all year-round thanks to the small independent fish farms around Iceland. Salties Charr is Ocean Wise, farmed in pristine waters and are fed on high quality feed made from Fishmeal and fish oils. No antibiotics, no gluten, and nothing unnecessary is given to the arctic charr, which means that we who grew yup on the Wild Arctic Charr, cannot taste or spot the difference.
For 4 People
750 g Salties Arctic Charr Fillets
250 mL Teriyaki Sauce
2 tsp Ginger, ground
2 Garlic gloves, pressed
1 Green chilli, deseeded and chopped
1/2 – 1 pcs fresh Lemon grass, chopped
Handful of Coriander, chopped
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
Aluminum foil to wrap the Charr in
- Place the Charr fillets in a large ziplock bag, pour the teriyaki sauce, ginger, garlic, chilli, and lemongrass into it, and close the bag.
- Turn the bag over a few times until the marinade is evenly mixed and the Charr is fully covered in the marinade.
- Let sit for 40 min.
- Take each fillet of the Charr, place on a sheet of Aluminum foil with the skin dow.
- Pour 1-2 tbsp of the marinade on top of the fish.
- Fold the aluminum foil around the fillet, make sure that the foil does not touch the flesh of the Arctic Charr
- Place each package on the hot BBQ, skin down, and grill for 7-10 min,
- Take it off the Grill, open it up, sprinkle with fresh Coriander and sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice and grilled Bok Choy