Ovenbaked Pizza Cod
Cod and Pizza, how much more can we say. It may sound strange but it is very tasty, the pizza sauce and the vegetables give the Cod an amazing taste, which is then enclosed with the cheese. This recipe is a true gem.
This recipe goes very well with Green Salad, simple Mashed Potatoes, and Rice. Note that the cheese used is up to you. Shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese are both amazing.
The Salties Crew
For 4 People
600 g Salties Cod fillets or loins
1 Red Pepper
2 Tomatoes, well ripened
2 – 3 Green Onions
2 tbsp Butter
100 g Spinach
100 ml Pizza sauce, or 2 tbsp red pesto
15 Olives, seedless, sliced
150 g Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 210°c.
- Cut the Cod into pieces and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Clean, deseed, and chop the Red pepper. Chop down the tomatoes.
- Chop the green onion , but separate the white and green slices.
- Melt the butter in a pan and let the white green onion pieces, red pepper, and tomatoes simmer for 3 – 4 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the spinach to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and let it simmer for an additional 1 -2 minutes while stirring.
- Transfer the contents of the pan over to an oven dish. Lay the Cod pieces on top and smear with the pizza sauce or red pesto.
- Spread the olives and green part of the green onions over the Cod and vegetables. Lastly, spread the shredded cheese evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 18 – 20 minutes until the cheese becomes golden brown.